Do you catch yourself constantly hitting the snooze button or drifting off in the middle of the day? With a repetitive schedule and a busy workload, it might be hard to stay on track and keep focused throughout the day. Luckily, we have found 5 fast fixes for more energy that can help you stay feeling refreshed!
1. Go green! Those cute little decorative plants in offices are doing much more than you think. Studies show that houseplants can help filter out ozone, the main ingredient in air pollution which is full of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and energy-draining allergies. The ozone may be mainly outside, but office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, ultra violet lights and even electrostatic air purification systems can contribute to increased indoor ozone levels. These chemicals have both long and short-term effects and can influence your ability to perform throughout the day. Add a plant in your office and these potential threats will diminish!
“Our ears serve as our energy pathways and massaging them unites all of the meridians and gets the energy flowing.”
2. Hydration This might be common sense but we often find ourselves forgetting to drink enough water throughout the day. Water makes up most of our body and when we don’t drink enough of it, various bodily systems begin to slow down causing us to feel fatigued and sluggish. If you’re starting to feel tired and need a quick pick-me-up, try drinking a glass or two of water.
3. Jump, Jump Around! If you don’t have time to hit the gym during the day, get a quick boost from doing a set of 25 jumping jacks. Jumping jacks are a high-impact, high-energy exercise that can increase your endurance for the rest of the day. With that being said, get up out of your chair and jump around!
4. I’m all ears When you’re drifting off in the middle of the day, give your ears a little lovin’. Our ears serve as our energy pathways and massaging them unites all of the meridians and gets the energy flowing. To boost your energy, pinch the rim of each ear between your thumb and pointer finger, and rub up and down for 10 to 30 seconds.
5. Lend a helping hand You’ve come to the point in your day where you’re unfocused and can’t seem to get anything done, so take a break and help someone out. This will allow you to get your blood flowing and have a moment of clarity to power through your workload before the day is out. Being kind and helping someone will also release endorphins, giving you that needed boost to finish out your day.